- Bore Size: 562"/.578" dual bore (with three interchangeable leadpipes)
- Tuning Slide: Yellow brass bow
- Handslide: Lightweight yellow brass outside tubes with nickel silver end crook and oversleeves
- Bell: 9 ½", 23 gauge yellow brass with soldered rim
- Mouthpiece: 1½G Trombone
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Valves: Dependent, open wrap F/D attachment; 2 rotary valves
- Warranty: Getzen Gold Warranty
- Does Not Include Case
From Getzen: "Musicians who make their living playing bass trombones are well aware of the new Getzen Eternas. From symphony to swing to school concert bands, the Getzen Eterna Bass Trombones continue to get the job done. The 1062FD has a dependent rotor system. Solo bass trombonists, jazz musicians, and other players who enjoy a quick-responding, free-blowing valve section favor it."
The 1062FD has been known first and foremost as a fantastic jazz / commercial bass trombone. It has a lively sound, quick response and easy blow. The valves have a relatively short throw, and the low register is compact yet free blowing. This is a fun instrument to play!
And despite that sterling reputation for commercial and jazz playing, the 1062FD was played by Jeff Reynolds with the Los Angeles Philharmonic for many years. This is truly a great and versatile instrument. This instrument is covered by Getzen's Gold Warranty.
Visit Horn Stash today to try this fantastic Getzen 1062FD Eterna Series Bass Trombone!