From Getzen: "All Getzen Custom Series Trombones are based on the best designs from the Getzen ProShop. Custom Series Trombones are designed to offer players the ability to choose between different bells and leadpipes. This allows the player to customize their trombone to deliver the desired sound and response. Custom Series Trombones are ideal for college music majors and top professional trombonist. Custom Series Bass Trombones are available with either yellow or red brass bells. The professional weight hand slides are yellow brass with nickel silver end crooks and oversleeves. All Custom Series Bass Trombones come with three interchangeable leadpipes to enable the player to further customize the response of the instrument to meet any need. Axial flow valves have revolutionized the playing of F and D attachments on the bass trombone. The operation of the valve keeps the air column entering the attachment relatively straight. This makes playing through attachments much like playing through an open horn. Getzen high performance axial flow valves are smooth, quiet and easy to maintain.
- Bore Size: .562"/.578" dual bore (with three interchangeable leadpipes)
- Tuning Slide: Yellow brass bow
- Handslide: Hand straightened nickel silver inside tubes (chrome plated with barrel shaped stockings); Yellow brass outside tubes with nickel silver end crook and oversleeves
- Bell: 21 gauge yellow brass with soldered rim
- Finish: Clear lacquer
- Valves: Independent, open wrap F/Gb/D attachment; 2 axial flow valves
- Warranty: Getzen Platinum Warranty
- Case: None Included
The Getzen 3062AF & 3062AFR bass trombones are serious horns for serious bass trombonists. They have the sound, playability and quality of Edwards, just with less ability to customize the instrument (simply a choice between a yellow brass or red brass bell). These are fantastic orchestral workhorses, though some bass trombonists love to use them in big bands too.
Visit Horn Stash today to try this superb Getzen 3062AF Custom Series Bass Trombone!